Jackson+Ferrer

Jackson Ferrer

Baseball superstar Jackson Ferrer ‘23 has been given the title of December’s Senior of the Month. As young as Ferrer can remember, he has been playing baseball and has since then taken the opportunity to play three years of varsity baseball at EHS. Baseball has been proven to be everything to him.

“I enjoy playing for the baseball team and forming a strong bond with all the players each year,” he said.

According to Perfect Game, Ferrer has played in six national competitions, four of which come under the World Perfect Game Series, and two of which come under the World Wood Bat Association Tournaments.

Outside of school, Ferrer delves into multiple different side hustles.

“​​Aside from the regular chores and babysitting duties to help my parents and two siblings at home, I have volunteered at a local food bank, joined the Rotary Club, and given tours of my school to help visitors find their way,” he said.

Ferrer loves the community that it makes up EHS and is very much grateful for being surrounded by distinct people everyday. “There are many different cultures and backgrounds that make up this school,” says Ferrer, “Everywhere you go, there is a person with a different background, which is nice to learn about.”

Like many other students, Ferrer found himself impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

“I am a student who needs hands-on teaching, and learning from home is the opposite,” says Ferrer, “I found myself confused in almost every class and lacking the motivation to work hard from my house.”

However, the experience is something he would never forget, and it shaped him to become the person he is today.

“After struggling for the whole year, I never want to be that student again. I push myself to be the best student possible, and it has been paying off so far,” says Ferrer.

As a senior, Ferrer is yet to choose his major, but he does know that he wants to stay close to the Jersey dish, so to speak.

The Eagle's Eye • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$65
$500