STELLA WONG ‘25

Ava Yap with Señora Fedowitz

Ava Yap

The voice that starts Edison High School’s school day with the announcements, Ava Yap ’23, has been recognized as March’s female Rotary Senior of the Month.

An accomplished student, Yap has remained in mostly AP and honors classes throughout high school, maintaining an average weighted 4.98 GPA.

Besides her exceptional performance in her academics, Yap dances at Strauss Perform Arts and is also on the EHS track and field team.

“I feel so blessed and grateful to have been bestowed this award,” said Yap. “I’m honored to have been able to serve the community of Edison and be recognized by the same people of Edison.”

On the weekends, she teaches fourth grade Sunday school at St. Paul’s church in Highland Park with a passion for helping individuals.

Before graduating this June, Yap would like to thank her parents, Mrs. Robin Connell, Mr. James Amodio, Mrs. Elizabeth Fedowitz, and Coach Andrew Stivers for helping her prosper not only as a student but as a person in general.

“Inside the school there’s more people I want to thank than there are hall sweeps in a day,” says Yap.

After high school, Yap is planning to go down the path to nursing.

“I think my biggest achievements in life are still to come,” she said.

And to the current and prospective underclassmen she gives advice most meaningful to her.

“Be present. Be grateful for what you have and what is happening now as lusting for imaginary situations and what if’s will only drive you insane.”

The Eagle's Eye • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Eagle's Eye
$15
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All The Eagle's Eye Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *