Abdullah Rizvi ‘23

Rizvi dressed up for a graduation party.

Abdullah Rizvi

A robotics lover and fluent French speaker, Abdullah Rizvi ‘23 is honored to be the Rotary senior of the month for June 2023.

Following his passions, Rizvi has taken part in many extracurriculars in his time at Edison High School. As a fighter on the wrestling team, he was introduced to an entirely new environment and given the opportunity to push himself out of his comfort zone. Meeting people with different experiences has given him a distinct view on life.

Following his interest in engineering as a student in STEM, he learned about Robotics at the end of his sophomore year and decided to join Robotics that summer. Today, he serves as Co-captain of the Robotics team. Working, creating, and designing; Rizvi has been able to delve into topics and activities he has always loved through Robotics.

Not only is he a fighter and engineer, but he is also a great French speaker. As a member of the French Club, Rizvi has been very involved interacting with diverse people he never would have met before.

Other than spending time with French-related activities, wrestling, and focusing on his future as an engineer; Rizvi spends time in the Engineering Room. To him it’s a “safe place” that allows him to work, socialize with his friends, and make the most out of his high school years.

“That’s what makes school worth it, you meet people you wouldn’t have normally met, and activities you normally would have done,” said Rizvi.

“If you don’t actually care about the stuff you do, then there’s no point,” adds Rizvi.

He has also felt a deep connection to religion, whether it’s in his volunteering at the Sunday School which he attends or his participation in the Muslim Student Association. Rizvi established a youth group at his local Mosque, called Young Muslims. They meet every Friday, where they often participate in giving back to the community through charitable activities, such as food drives.

Rizvi’s future lies in Princeton University where he plans to pursue a major in mechanical and aerospace engineering. There, he hopes to continue to engage in his religious community and always cherish the memories he had within Edison High School.

The Eagle's Eye • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$15
$500