Emelin Alamanzar 23 has been selected as Senior of the Month for June!

Courtesy of Emelin Alamanzar '23

Emelin Alamanzar ’23 has been selected as Senior of the Month for June!

Emelin Almanzar

Color guard captain Emelin Alamanzar ‘23 has been selected as the June Senior of the Month.  

During her time at EHS, Alamanzar has been a committed member of the EHS color guard. She participated in marching band and indoor color guard for all four years of high school, now serving as the color guard captain. 

Yes, I feel that my high school experience was cut short due to the pandemic. However, I’m grateful for the memories and fun I had at school during my last two years of high school.

— Emelin Almanzar

“One of my favorite memories is going to the football games with the marching band. I love being with my [color guard] section, and I think being able to be a part of the color guard was extremely rewarding,” said Alamanzar. 

Aside from color guard, Almanzar serves as the Black Student Union vice president and a member of iSTEM. She is also a part of Spanish National Honor Society, Mu Alpha Theta, and National Honor Society. Additionally, Almanzar was 2023 Governor’s Stem Scholar at the Governor’s School of New Jersey Program in Engineering & Technology (GSET) hosted by Rutgers University. 

At EHS, Alamanzar was recipient of various senior awards, such as Senõr Jose Pan’s AP Spanish Excellence Award, the Kantilal J. Modi scholarship, and Color Guard Certificate. This fall, Alamanzar plans to attend Rutgers New Brunswick on the pre-med track. 

When she is not immersed in her extracurriculars, Alamanzar loves to read books, watch TV, and hang out with her friends.

Have good time management because you don’t know how fast things will catch up to you. You will have a lot of responsibilities, so be sure to keep track of that.

— Emelin Almanzar

Before she graduates this month, Alamanzar wishes to thank her family for providing her with support throughout high school. 

“They have always been so supportive of me being in color guard and my other extracurriculars,” said Alamanzar. 

The spotlighted senior also has recommendations for new Eagles.  

“Have good time management because you don’t know how fast things will catch up to you. You will have a lot of responsibilities, so be sure to keep track of that,” Alamanzar said. 

She also advises students to form good relationships with teachers. 

“Forming bonds with your teachers will allow you to reach out for them for help. You never know how a teacher will impact you unless you try to get to know them,” said Alamanzar. 

As her journey at the nest comes to an end, she reiterates her gratitude for her high school experience, especially since she got to experience her last two years of high school in-person. 

“Yes, I feel that my high school experience was cut short due to the pandemic. However, I’m grateful for the memories and fun I had at school during my last two years of high school,” said Alamanzar. 

The Eagle's Eye • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$215
$500