Categories:

Shah Shines as September’s Rotary Senior of the Month

Stuti Shah '25, the September Rotary Senior of the Month, says her high school experience has been challenging but meaningful.
Stuti Shah ’25, the September Rotary Senior of the Month, says her high school experience has been challenging but meaningful.
COURTESY OF STUTI SHAH ’25

Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) and science enthusiast, Stuti Shah ‘25 has been an avid participant in multiple disciplines, leading to her recognition as September’s Rotary Senior of the Month.

Throughout her high school years, Shah has participated in many activities. She represents leadership in FCCLA as Edison High’s FCCLA Chapter President and NJ FCCLA’s 1st Vice President. In addition, she has been a dancer for Peacock Society’s annual showcase Fusion for two years and is a member of the RISE Team at Rutgers Hamilton Lab.

Many of Shah’s honors include winning first place in the MIT Beaver Works Build a CubeSat Challenge and multiple FCCLA awards. She is also a part of several honors societies such as being President of the NHS, Secretary of the Science National Honor Society, and a member of the Spanish Honor Society.

“Join everything you are even remotely interested in,” said Shah when asked to advise underclassmen. “Exploring your interests and what is offered to you will help narrow down your passions.”

By shadowing doctors as an extracurricular activity, Shah discovered a passion for the medical field. In the future, she plans to major in biomedical engineering on a pre-med track. She hopes to become a doctor, working in oncology either in medicine or surgery.

Shah’s most memorable moments were the five FCCLA State/National conferences she attended. Learning about different career paths and speaking in sessions throughout her journey has been a positive experience for her.

Shah’s FCCLA advisers Ms. Meghan Reeves and Ms. Patricia DiGioia-Laird, have been her main source of support, helping her grow as a person. Her guidance counselor, Ms. Kimberly Zavistoski, has also been an encouraging mentor throughout her high school career.

“Seeing their hard work and dedication has truly inspired me to strive for self-improvement and to be the best student and leader I can be,” said Shah.

Donate to The Eagle's Eye
$215
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Edison High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to The Eagle's Eye
$215
$500
Contributed
Our Goal