Eagles’ Eye Earns Journalism Accolades

Your EHS Newspaper Receives GSSPA Awards

STELLA WONG '25

On October 24, 2022, the Garden State Scholastic Press Association (GSSPA) partnered with Rutgers University’s journalism program and announced the New Jersey schools that won in the 27 categories of print newspaper, online newspaper, and broadcasting. The Eagle’s Eye was award “Overall Online Excellence,” among some of the top overall award-winners.

Out of more than 40 student publications judged by professional journalists, professors, and experienced advisors from outside New Jersey, only a few had the honor of winning in their respective categories. Aside from the overall category, The Eye and its staff also garnered the following awards: 

In Division A of editorial writing, alumni Editors-in- Chief Nimisha Kumar ‘22, Anne Lee ‘22, Samhitha Sangaraju ‘22, Hannah Steinlauf ‘22, and Arnav Chinchankar ‘22, won for their editorial, “Student Reps: A Step in the Right Direction?”

In Division A of the category for column writing, Sarina Ahmed ‘23, Robyn Nemeth ‘23, and Arielis Canella ‘23 won for their piece, “’Inside Edison’s Airpods’ (Music/Spotify List)”.

In Division A of the category for review writing, Jia Shah ‘24 and Sia Shah ‘24 won for their book review, “The  Catcher In the Rye Was So Not the Catch”.

For more information on the GSSPA awards, check out the following website: https://gsspa.org/