Raina Reigns as September’s Senior of the Month

Raina Patel
RAINA PATEL ’24
Raina Patel ’24 has been selected as the September Senior of the Month for this school year.

A Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) leader and Spanish enthusiast, Raina Patel ‘24 is September’s Rotary Senior of the Month.

Throughout her time at Edison High School, Patel has participated in many extracurricular activities and has used her leadership skills to gain numerous officer positions. She is the President of EHS FCCLA, President of Spanish National Honors Society (SNHS), Co-President of Aspiring Medical Professionals (AMP), and PR Officer for UNICEF. Beyond her school and club obligations, she loves spending her time horseback riding, particularly showjumping.

Taking Spanish as a language in EHS and being a part of SNHS, Patel hopes to earn a bachelor’s degree in Spanish for her undergraduate degree on a pre-med track. She eventually wants to go medical school, become a doctor, and help patients in countries that have limited access to healthcare.

I remind myself of why I’m doing whatever it is in the first place. All the clubs, hobbies, and activities I participate in are because I love doing them

— Raina Patel '24

Patel appreciates her FCCLA advisors, who have helped improve her public speaking skills and personable demeanor. Her success and growth in many different areas of her life are due to the support system she has.

“My parents have always been super encouraging and supported every decision I have made,” said Patel.

Patel also advises students to stay motivated while facing challenges.

”I remind myself of why I’m doing whatever it is in the first place. All the clubs, hobbies, and activities I participate in are because I love doing them,” said Patel.

Patel chooses to describe her high school journey as “joyful.” Over the course of these four years, she is thankful for the long-lasting memories she has created while being able to pursue her passion.

Patel states that she has learned many lessons throughout her time at EHS, but she believes that the most important one is learning to concentrate on her own progress.

“You won’t get anywhere if you spend time comparing yourself to others,” she adds. “I feel like I had this problem a lot with academic validation and, while I still experience some of it, slightly letting go of the ‘comparison mentality’ has allowed me to be a lot more happy.”