Balaraman Takes the Lead At The Nest

Rotary’s March Senior of the Month
COURTESY OF SUSHANTH BALARAMAN ’24
Sushanth Balaraman ‘24 has been chosen as March’s Rotary Senior of the Month for Edison High School.

Driven by his love for knowledge of the world, Sushanth Balaraman ‘24 is the Rotary Senior of the Month.

During his time at Edison High School, Balaraman has been a part of the STEM Academy and multiple extracurriculars. He is the Secretary-General for Model United Nations (MUN), the News Copy Editor for The Eagle’s Eye, an Officer for Quiz Bowl, the Vice President of the National English Honors Society (NEHS), and a participant in the Science Olympiad and DECA.

Take opportunities you’re given and don’t underestimate yourself.

— Sushanth Balaraman '24

Balaraman notes the diversity and immense opportunities presented within Edison High School. Clubs, football games, and various events that the school hosts such as trivia nights are just some of the many events that Balarman enjoys at the school. He also finds the faculty at Edison High School to be supportive and something that he says he will miss as he leaves the school. More specifically, Balaraman likes that the teachers can make class fun and interactive, in classes such as AP US History, AP World History, AP Calculus BC, and many more.

After graduation, Balaraman wants to attend a four-year college with a computer science major and a finance minor. Balaraman will pursue these majors as he finds it interesting to learn about social sciences, work with numbers, and understand the world’s monetary systems.

Regardless of your focus and passions, there is one thing Balaraman will stress for all underclassmen.

“Take opportunities you’re given and don’t underestimate yourself,” said Balaraman.