Harvey Tackles, Charles Scores, Gross Blocks

EHS ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT, ARANIEE SOTHILINGAM ’25, EHS ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
Ricky Harvey ’24 (left) looking onto the football field. Isa Charles ’25 (center) looking for open teammates to pass the ball. Jocelyn Gross ‘24 (right) ready to serve.

Harvey Tackles

Our first athlete of the week is Ricky Harvey ‘24 from the varsity football team. Against St. Joseph High School, he had five receptions for 45 yards, as well as an eighty yard kickoff return for touchdown. As the season ended, Harvey’s overall stats for the season have added up to five touchdowns, 295 receiving yards, nine tackles, and 207 return yards. With his final season with Edison High being complete, the team sends him off with their wishes.

Charles Scores

Our third athlete of the week is Isabella Charles ‘25 from the varsity girls soccer team. As not only junior captain, but also varsity starter, Charles has made a name for herself this season. Against South Brunswick High School, she had one goal and two assists, and continued her game with one goal and one assists against Piscataway High School. As central defender, she has totalled nine goals and eight assists during this season. As the girls make their way through states, Charles continues to be a star player on the field.

Gross Blocks

Our second athlete of the week is Jocelyn Gross ‘24 from the varsity girls volleyball team. Gross has been an asset for the team this year. Against Mother Seton, she scored three kills, three blocks, four digs, and nine service points. With the game against South Plainfield, she scored another four kills, a block, six digs, as well as one ace. As the girls move onto states, Gross continues to finish her season strong.