The Student Newspaper of Edison High School

The Eagle's Eye

The Eagle's Eye

The Eagle's Eye

Follow Us on Instagram
Edison High on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram

EHS Welcomes Bussin’ New Class for Slang

Teacher Certification Class for Gen Z Talk Leads to New Experiences and Discoveries for Teachers
The+latest%2C+hot+new+class%2C+Slang+101%2C+flips+the+skibbidy+script.++
CHRIS SAAVEDRA ’26
The latest, hot new class, Slang 101, flips the skibbidy script.

At the first meeting for the new student-run S122 slang class, students at EHS educate their teachers on the trendiest slang. Club president and straight C- freshmen Jeremy Ickson notes that in his opinion, the turnout “slaps.” With the implementation of such new and unique words, teachers of all subjects are shocked to find how their teaching has been impacted. They are all able to connect with their teenage students and their loved ones after feeling so out of touch after all these years following the loss of words such as “tubular” and “gnarly.”

After many difficult days of promoting this new upcoming club with posters that spread messages such as “LOCK IN at EHS’s first slang class” and “Learn the difference between ‘cap’ and ‘fact’,” Students running this class were filled with joy when seeing the huge impact they had already made on the EHS community.

“Glad to see this class slay, finally my teachers won’t have to bookmark Urban Dictionary anymore!” Junior Christie Brown declared.

Many teachers have decided to take to social media with their new vocabulary. Veteran History teacher James Richardson has even created his first Tik Tok page titled “CAP or FACT?” where he debunks numerous rumors about himself and the school in the form of an array of rap songs including his hit debut single, “Caffeine is the new water.”

Besides taking to social media with their new colorful vocabulary, teachers taking this class describe the worthwhile experience in various ways.

“It would mend my broken heart to finally be able to reconnect with my grandchildren. LOL? Is that right?” Chemistry teacher Ana Rowley admits through glossy, tear-filled eyes.

“It’s like I was blind before learning slang words, and now I have been gifted with the gift of sight. This class slays!” English teacher Neal Derickson added.

After just days of this highly educational and successful class, those taking the class were eager to learn more and even felt inspired to take the College Board’s new class Advanced Placement Slang and Composition. It is rumored that this class will delve even deeper into the meaning of certain words such as “ick” and “ rizz.”.

“That’s what’s lit about EHS,” said Principal Mr. Ross Charles.