Broadway Aquaman, Choir Enthusiast Floats as Rotary November Senior of the Month

Courtesy of Tomas Jimenez ’24
After receiving his award, Tomas Jimenez ’24 poses with Judy Mansbach of Edison Rotary at the November Rotary SOTM Breakfast

Swimmer and singer, Tomas Jimenez ‘24 has been named the November Rotary Senior of the Month.

Throughout his time at Edison High School, Jimenez has been a part of both the EHS swim team and the Water Warriors swim team. As a US competitive swimmer, he has competed in the New Jersey Bronze championships and other competitions. Besides swimming, he serves as student board president for the Choir.

A challenge Jimenez faced during EHS was keeping up with his schoolwork and competitions.

“You have to work through it and accomplish what you can,” he said.

After graduation, Jimenez plans to attend Middlesex College for his associate degree. He plans on transferring to a four-year university afterward and wants to major in either law enforcement or psychology, in hopes of pursuing a career that helps others.

Jimenez advises incoming underclassmen to find friends to interact with. He states that these interactions made his whole experience at EHS memorable, and he believes that these friendships can help students learn more about themselves.