The Student Newspaper of Edison High School

The Eagle's Eye

The Eagle's Eye

The Eagle's Eye

Follow Us on Instagram
Edison High on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram

Robinson Nets, Srinivasan Swings, Sivakumar Spikes

EHS ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
Pranav Srinivasan ’27 (left) poses with his tennis racket after another winning match. Ajit Sivakumar ’25 (middle) performs a jump serve to start the set strong. Layla Robinson ’24 (right) runs with the ball as she passes by the opposing players, hoping to score a goal.

Robinson Nets

Our first athlete of the week is Layla Robinson ‘24 from the varsity girls lacrosse team. In a match against Ewing, she scored five goals, one assist, and two draw controls. This season, her stats totaled to 38 goals, seven assists, 45 points, 29 ground balls, 29 draw controls, and ten forced turnovers. Robinson ends the spring season strong as the all White Division player.

Srinivasan Swings

Our second athlete of the week is Pranav Srinivasan ‘27 from the varsity boys tennis team. He played both second and third singles, and his record in dual matches is 15–0. He was key to the team’s success this season as he dominated the second and third singles spot, shown with his undefeated record. As Srinivasan and his team move to the NJSIAA Tournament,
he ends his first season as Edison High as a star player.

Sivakumar Spikes

Our third athlete of the week is Ajit Sivakumar ‘25 from the varsity boys volleyball team. Against Colonia, he had eleven kills and twelve digs. Against Bloomfield, he had fourteen kills, three digs, and one ace. On the season, he has totaled 205 kills, 22 blocks, 171 digs, and 25 aces. As GMC White Division Player of the Year, Sivakumar ends the spring season with his team and prepares for the next season.

Donate to The Eagle's Eye
$215
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Edison High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.