The Student Newspaper of Edison High School

The Eagle's Eye

The Eagle's Eye

The Eagle's Eye

Follow Us on Instagram
Edison High on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram

Looking Forward to September

CHRIS SAAVEDRA ’26
Newly elected Class of 2025 president Derek Dudek has some exciting announcements to make for the coming year.

Hey Eagles. Welcome to the first edition of Dudek’s Desk. Don’t worry, as you read this, you’re not going to have to READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE IN ALL CAPS as you may have had to with a certain past politician’s tweets, and unlike other politicians, my aims within these articles will be about you, not me.

Yes, that overused political cliche may sound superficial, but I mean it when I say next year will be all about making Edison the absolute best place for you to be. I want you to be able to think to yourself, “Ms. or Mr. ____ is going to make me lose my mind, but at least I have some exciting events to look forward to.”

But before getting going on an amazing 2024-25 school year, we recently had one last event for you. The 2023-24 Battle of the Classes was a totally legitimate tie (don’t ask for the numbers), so we hosted one final clash known as the Penny Wars. Each class had a jar collecting coins which were donated to the funds of each class council. The intense battle fortunately resulted in no casualties, and also saw a resounding Junior victory. The Class of 2025 has now been victorious in both BOTCs, and remains the reigning back-to-back champion going into their final year.

Since this year is nearing its end, we all can take a collective sigh of relief with summer approaching. As you breathe in that fresh summer air, I want you guys to know as much as possible about some of our future plans for next year. At some point during next season’s successful (fingers crossed) football season, we’ll have our annual homecoming dance. Turnouts the past couple of years have been great, and we are determined to keep the numbers going up. I am aware of some complaints about the DJ last year…fear not. If you have song recommendations or are concerned about the music prior to the dance, reach out to myself and the rest of the board next fall, and we’ll put together a great playlist for you.

A new event we plan on possibly having is a food truck festival in our school parking lots where you can relieve your stress from school by chowing down on some nice mobile cuisine. Got a favorite food truck? Let us know and maybe we’ll get them to come!

I hope you enjoyed flexing your copper in the recent clash of coins, the Penny Wars. And on that note, stay tuned for the next edition of Dudek’s Desk.

Donate to The Eagle's Eye
$215
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Edison High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.