Senior of the Month: Nandana Vinod

SARINA AHMED ‘23

For December senior of the month, Nandana Vinod, four years at Edison High School has meant  four years of tennis matches and tournaments for Science Olympiad. Dedicated to tennis, Nandana is a varsity tennis player on the Edison Girls Tennis Team and has been awarded with both athlete of the month and most valuable player twice. When Nandana is not on the court, she is usually found preparing as the president of the Science Olympiad team and the Academy of Science.

Off the court and outside of the lab, Nandana spends her time photographing landscapes or practicing a different art form. Among her favorite pastimes are playing piano, dancing, and painting. Art has always been a formidable and relieving part of Nandana’s life, as she recalls: “These hobbies were interests I pursued from a young age and utilized them as outlets of reducing stress during the busy and stressful school year.” 

When Nandana looks back upon her high school years, her fondest memories consist of “staying after school with my friends to work on projects for events, like Halloween at the High,” and enjoying bus rides home from tennis away games. 

Based on her experiences at Edison High, Nandana advises incoming freshmen to “try and join new clubs that are out of your comfort zone.” As she wraps up her last few months at Edison High School, she also suggests that freshmen “spend [their] time wisely.” 

Remembering her high school years fondly, she would like to give a special thanks to her former teachers, Mr. Evans, Mrs. Downey, and Mrs. Singh for enriching and supporting her through her EHS journey.