Senior of the Month (December) – Matthew Sudnick

Theater Department

Matthew Sudnick ’22 (center) as Mortimer Brewster in the fall play “Arsenic and Old Lace.”

STELLA WONG ’25

Within this school year, Edison High School has commended Matthew Sudnick ’22 as the male Senior of the Month for December. Within his high school career, Sudnick has painted himself as a student with drive and competence in his academic performance and extracurricular activities, especially in the theater department.   

The Eagle’s Eye reached out to Sudnick for a chat about his four years at Edison High.

EE: How has your experience been at EHS? 

MS: I’ve had a very positive experience in my time attending EHS. So many of the students and faculty have made it such an entertaining place to be. I’ve made a lot of friends here and I think I’ve learned a lot about myself too.

EE: How are your feelings about being a senior of the month? 

MS: I’m very honored to have been picked and I’m happy to be recognized for my contributions to both the school and the community.

EE: What have you achieved? 

MS: My achievements include getting into both the National Honors Society and International Thespian Society, being president of the Theater Department, getting a lead role in the fall play, and being a moderator of the Improv Troupe.

EE: How would you describe yourself?  

MS: I would describe myself as a hardworking individual and someone who tries to be genuine, as well as a good role model to all.

EE: What are your plans for the future? 

MS: Although I don’t know what I want to pursue in the future, I am still going to be working as hard as I have always been.

As his high school journey comes to an end, Sudnick advises future students and current students of EHS, “I would like to say to take every opportunity you can, have fun, and don’t be intimidated because it’s really a great time that you’ll look back on fondly.”

I would like to say to take every opportunity you can, have fun, and don’t be intimidated because it’s really a great time that you’ll look back on fondly.

— Matthew Sudnick '22