Agarwal Leads Among Leaders

Shikha Agarwal: April Senior of the Month

Shikha+Agarwal+22+takes+a+selfie+inside+her+car.+

ANSHIKA DUBEY '23

Shikha Agarwal ’22 takes a selfie inside her car.

An exceptional student, avid musician, and dedicated leader, April’s Senior of the Month Shikha Agarwal ‘22 shines as an outstanding member of the Edison High School community.

Agarwal excels in honors and AP-level courses, and she is deeply involved in her academic endeavors. She is currently the president of Edison High School’s chapter of the National Honor Society (NHS), the vice president of the Science National Honor Society (SNHS), and a member of the Spanish Honor Society (SHH), Mu Alpha Theta (ΜΑΘ, the mathematics honor society), and the Tri-M Honor Society. This devotion to her studies continues into club leadership, as she serves as the co-chair of the Aspiring Medical Professionals club.

Don’t tie your self worth to academic performance.

— Shikha Agarwal ‘22

Agarwal also plays three instruments: oboe, flute, and electric guitar. She is the principal oboist in the Edison High School Wind Ensemble and an active member of Tri-M.

Looking back on her high school experience, Agarwal is thankful for all the guidance she received from her teachers, and she would especially like to thank Science teacher Mr. Mike Evans and English teacher Ms. Diane Frey for their unflagging support. Passing this guidance forward, she encourages her fellow students to stay confident.

“Don’t tie your self worth to academic performance,” Agrawal says.  

This fall, Agarwal will join the Rutgers SAS Honors Program on a pre-medical track.