Aravena is June’s MVP OF EHS

Jennalyn Aravena: June Senior of the Month

EHS Film Club

Captain Jennalyn Aravena ’22 during their Senior Night match.

Whether on the field or at a club meeting, Jennalyn Aravena ‘22 has accomplished many feats—one of these being June’s Senior of the Month.

One of her many achievements includes her journey in soccer. Three out of her four years playing soccer at Edison High School were spent on the varsity soccer team. During her junior and senior year, she was named captain of the varsity soccer team. In addition, she had been selected as part of the All White Division both her junior and senior year. During her time as captain, she has led the team to winning the GMC White Division for 2020-2021 as well as 2021-2022. At the conclusion of her season, she was awarded the GMC Sportsmanship award for the 2021-2022 season.

Push yourselves, and enjoy the four years you have in high school because it goes by SO FAST.

— Jennalyn Aravena ‘22

Aside from her sport, Aravena is involved in many clubs such as Assertive Teens Against Cancer (ATAC) and Unified. In addition, she is a part of the National Honors Society (NHS) and Spanish National Honor Society (SNHS). 

Her favorite memories are made up of soccer seasons, especially the one during her senior year, which included her younger sister Kayden Aravena ‘25 on the varsity team. Both girls played alongside each other on the varsity soccer team. “One of my favorite memories would be our overtime win against North Brunswick this past year to secure first place in the white division,” said Aravena.

As her time at Edison High comes to an end, Aravena would like to thank Ms. Patton Stein and Coach Murelli for their support and influence throughout Aravena’s high school journey. Aravena plans to attend Wilkes University, where she is committed to playing soccer and studying in the honors program for nursing. To all underclassmen, Aravena advocates to be involved as much as possible.

“Push yourselves, and enjoy the four years you have in high school because it goes by SO FAST,” Aravena said.