The Student Newspaper of Edison High School

The Eagle's Eye

The Eagle's Eye

The Eagle's Eye

Follow Us on Instagram
Edison High on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram

President and Photographer, Turya Takes Over

Rotary’s December Senior of the Month
Courtesy of Idhika Turya ’24
Idhika Turya ’24 has been selected as the Rotary Senior of the Month for December.

Throughout the course of her high school career, Idhika Turya ‘24, has taken part in numerous extracurricular activities. She is the current Senior Class President, President of Film Club, a Photo Editor for The Eagle’s Eye, a member of Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA), a singer in Treble Choir, and a member of the Girls Lacrosse Team. As Film Club President, Turya has covered over seventy events since her sophomore year and created the official Film Club website. She has also earned honors such as the NJSBA Unsung Heroes Award, an award given to those who make exceptional contributions to their schools and communities. To add, she won Homecoming Queen and Edison High’s Most Charitable during Homecoming Court season.

“EHS students are incredibly lucky to have such a myriad of unique resources and organizations which they can involve themselves with…I’ve involved myself in a lot of out-of-character activities just to try them and gained a lot of personal insight through them,” said Turya.

Outside of school and clubs, Turya works a part-time job, experiments with photography, and studies new languages. She has a 550+ day streak on Duolingo, learning languages like Indonesian and brushing up on her native tongue, Hindi. She also takes AP Spanish and hopes to become a polyglot in the future.

After high school, Turya intends to pursue either a double major in Public Health and Linguistics or a major in Public Health and a minor in Linguistics at a four-year institution.

Her favorite high school experience would be her junior year trip to Disney with the Music Program.

“It was a stellar experience that left me excited for life after high school.” Turya said.

As a kid, Turya had always feared growing up and was unable to relate to her friends. However, after this trip, she realized that life would be more fun on her own than she anticipated.

Small steps will still get you to your destination! Just go at your own pace, there’s no pressure to rush life.

— Idhika Turya '24

Turya believes that most people are good people, and she says this belief helped develop her confidence to view life through a positive lens. Additionally, she says that most people aren’t concerned with those around them, so she believes people should do what makes them happy.

To motivate herself during difficult challenges, she makes sure to keep moving forward and never lose focus.

“Small steps will still get you to your destination! Just go at your own pace, there’s no pressure to rush life,” says Turya.