Boys Basketball Back Up Against North Brunswick

LUCY GOMEZCOELLO ’26
Dominic Innocenti ’26 prepares to shoot a free throw against North Brunswick.

On Thursday, January 25, the Edison High School boys basketball team took on North Brunswick in an important matchup. Coming off a close victory against J.P. Stevens and losing a tight game to New Brunswick, the Eagles were in good form.

Despite losing the game 47–50, there were plenty of positives for the Eagles. The Eagles scored 22 points in the third quarter and had been dominant throughout the game. Leading the scoresheets for Edison, Ricky Harvey ‘24 scored 22 points, including four two-pointers and four-three-pointers.

Despite the loss, Dominic Innocenti ‘26 was confident about the rest of the season.

“We played really well as a team, and even though it was a tough loss, it was a step forward to our season,” Innocenti said.

Dheeraj Samparaboyina ‘26 was proud of the way the Eagles played the game and was positive about the Eagles’ future.

“We played tough the whole game from the jump, which we’ve had trouble with this season, and through several lead changes while keeping our composure,” said Samparaboyina. “The game came down to the wire, and eventually we had a couple of turnovers, especially my travel call, which they converted after a tough battle.”

Now 4–14 overall, Edison plays at South Brunswick on Saturday, January 27th at 1.00 pm.

Games stats for this game can be viewed at, https://highschoolsports.nj.com/game/876158.