Appelman Throws, Mellinger Scores

EHS ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
Jaxon Appelman ’24 (left) focused on the opposing batter as he winds back to pitch. Lizzie Mellinger ’24 (right) with the ball as she weaves through the opposing players on the field.

Appelman Throws

The first athlete of the week is Jaxon Appelman ‘24 from the varsity boys baseball team. Appelman recently had seventeen strikeouts and only one allowed hit against Middlesex. During this same game, he went 1–2 with a double. Against Barnegat, he went 2–2 with a home run. On the season, he has a 0.414 average and a 0.38 ERA. He continues to lead his team and build up statistics during his final season here at the nest.

Mellinger Nets

The second athlete of the week is Elizabeth Mellinger ‘24 from the varsity girls lacrosse team. Mellinger is the captain of her team for this season. Recently against Ewing, she had four goals, as well as five goals against Sayreville, which included the sudden death overtime goal to win the game. On the season, she has 44 goals, and a total of 148 career goals. Mellinger continues to lead her team throughout every game as her final season at Edison nears.