Garcia Gains Monthly Honor

March Senior of the Month

Garid+Garcia+22+standing+in+front+of+his+Senior+of+the+Month+sign.+

ANSHIKA DUBEY '23

Garid Garcia ’22 standing in front of his “Senior of the Month” sign.

STELLA WONG '25

From being a troubling student to becoming a star student, Garid Garcia ’22 has been selected by Edison High School (EHS) as the male senior of the month for March. 

“This has been one of the best accomplishments I have had in my entire life,” Garcia expressed. 

Through his journey in high school, he expressed his growth as an individual. As a freshman, he was a defiant student with an attitude towards anyone who crossed his path.

“I was always irritated as a freshman, and I had set the narrative for my brother who’s now a freshman. Everybody thought my brother, Gavin, would come in and be in an arrogant mood like I was but he’s not. He’s very reserved and a good student.”              

Although Garcia may have been quite troublesome as a freshman, his troubling characteristic was not constant. He was outgoing and hardworking in particular environments—precisely artistic environments like acting and singing.

Don’t let your attitude stop you from doing what you love. And the harder you work, the easier it will become because you will learn to adjust.

— GARID GARCIA '22

A couple of extracurriculars that he is actively involved in is the EHS theater department, general student council, future teachers club, the EHS International Thespian Society, FCCLA, and so forth. A significant role that he plays at school is being the vice president of the EHS choir. 

In other words, he is well-rounded and practically involved in every event presented to him at school. 

“I’d say I’m a workaholic,” Garcia said. 

Outside of school, Garcia is juggling many jobs. 

“I work as a waiter at a restaurant,” he said “a theater teacher at the YMCA in Edison, and starting April 10th, I’ll be working at the Ice Cream House.”

Beyond his school and employment life, Garcia has many passions that he carries: singing as a tenor one, dancing, acting, drawing, and so forth. 

Furthermore, he has a podcast called Triple Threat, on which he invites famous Broadway stars to discuss their life and career. 

Following his high school journey, Garcia intends on going to Montclair State University to study broadcast journalism. And so, before he departs EHS to progress onto a different path to grow more as an individual, he wishes to share a message that resonates with him and hopefully will be valuable to others too: “Don’t let your attitude stop you from doing what you love. And the harder you work, the easier it will become because you will learn to adjust.”