Edison Battles North Brunswick in Huge Clash

OM PATEL ’26
Darren Tirado ’26 holds the ball examining the court.

The Edison boys basketball team had a rough start to the 2023-24 season, but they have shown ample promise throughout. On January 4, the Eagles went up against North Brunswick, a team with one of the highest records in the county.

Despite losing 47–64, Edison put up a tough performance against a dominant team. Ricky Harvey ‘24 led the scoring sheets for the Eagles with seventeen points, making two three-pointers, four two-pointers, and three free throws. Dheeraj Samparaboyina ‘26 also impressed with eleven points, becoming the second-highest scorer in the game for Edison. He scored three three-pointers, leading the number of three-pointers from either team.

In spite of losing, Samparaboyina remains adamant about improving.

“Even though we lost to a great team in our county, we got better today, and we keep improving every day, whether that’s at practice or during games, and we will continue to do so,” said Samparaboyina.

Another Eagle, Dominic Innocenti ‘26, was also optimistic about the future of the team.

“I think it was good. Even though we lost, it brought us closer as a team,” said Innocenti.