Amponsah Relays, Rattray Jumps

EHS ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT, KARINA HAWALDAR ’25
Noreen Amponsah ‘24 (left) representing Edison High at the Penn Relays as she runs her part of the relay. Tori’ahn Rattray ‘24 (right) running his part of the relay at the Greater Middlesex Conference meet.

Amponsah Relays

The first athlete of the week is Noreen Amponsah ‘24 from the girls track and field team. Amponsah is currently first in the Greater Middlesex Conference. She is also third in Group four in the 800m with a time of 2:20. Recently, she ran a personal best of 2:19 in the 800 leg of the SMR to win the GMC relay for the first time in Edison track history. Additionally, she also ran a personal best time of 60.77 seconds in the 4x400m. Amponsah continues to run her best as she attends the last meets of her career at the nest with her team.

Rattray Jumps

The second athlete of the week is Tori’ahn Rattray ‘24 from the boys track and field team. Rattray has taken home four medals in each of his relay events at the Greater Middlesex Conference. Recently, he has also had new personal bests in the triple jump and high jump, at 41–10 and 6–2 respectively. He also long jumped 19–7.5 in a relay, placing third. Rattray joins Amponsah as the track and field team attends their last meets of the season, and the last season at Edison High for Rattray.